Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Wish




Father I’m grateful for everything let me lead off saying that, but I would like to know why you saw fit to take away my loved ones

I don’t feel that taught me everything they could

Or did you remove them from this plain to teach me a lesson?

Never take anyone for granted, say what you have to say today because tomorrow never comes for some

Pain in my heart

I talk to them in Heaven but not to be rude it’s not the same as being face to face or a simple phone conversation

Knowing they’re in your arms

Wishing they could still hold me when I needed it

A child in granny’s eyes

She never got to see the birth of my child

Show me the tools of the trade when caring for children

And I’m not the only one either

Mom misses you more than she will let on

The pain every holiday, once again realizing that she has to take on her role along with yours

The family ain’t the same

You held us together

Now I hardly go around

Can’t stand how they live and seem to forget the lessons you bestowed upon them, as if you were never here

Guess that’s how they coup with the loss

I just wish you never left us that winter morning…it’s been cold since without your guiding light warming me



© 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: