Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

My Life



Are you ready to understand my world, take a walk through the life I live


Get to know me a little better?

See the constant failures masked with humor while I am crying on the inside

The flashes of brilliant success and what I could be, cloaked by my refusal to accept my destiny

Hiding behind the image I project upon to the outside world

Maybe I’m afraid to let the world see me

Stripped down to the core

Exposed to the world as a whole

Flaws and all

Out of the abyss I crawl

Back topside

Hopefully a new beginning will be about a new life for me

More confidence

A smile that is no longer forced

A head that is finally held high

Thoughts that are more uplifting and positive

Done with negative thinking

Not over cocky but I now know my worth

And you’re not adding to my life I take it as your draining it

People pulled me down for so long I’ve shrunk a couple inches in height

Perhaps my fault

Perhaps I took on others problems and ignored my own

Perhaps I’m just lost and living delusions of grandeur

All I know is this is me now

You must deal with it





You can never fully know me

Because at times I feel that I don’t really know myself

The problems are mine and mind alone to be concerned with

So don’t you worry about them just enjoy your life and I’ll figure out mine

No comments: