Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stuck

Perhaps it’s my fault for falling so deep for you


Going all in on the first hand…well you called my bluff didn’t you baby?

What else can I do?......I’ve done all I can

What else can I say?.....I’ve said far too much already

Words run together, beginning to sound like a broken record

Actions aren’t noticed for their good only amusement

Here it goes again

My chance to break

Shake off the voodoo…WON’T YOU LET ME FREE FROM YOUR SPELL?!



If I could I would remove you from my mind

Take a drill to my cerebellum so that I will no longer pay attention to the little things that set me on a passionate fire for you

Your smell

Smile

Voice

Brown eyes

How you walk

Reoccurring at this point you’re like the stray cat that I gave milk to once and now you always come back



Remove the fear of letting you go and moving on to unknown of what a new mate may bring



Still trying to prove myself and it’s not getting any easier

You have to work hard for anything worth having but damn, feels like no progress has been made

Take one step forward and you just uproot the path and move it ten miles away from me

I never asked to fall in love with you but that’s the way things shook out

Now are you going to extend your arm to rescue me or will this be my final resting place?



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: