Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Chains n' Things


Woke up this morning feel like I’m a ground hog


Life used to be a dream now it’s a nightmare

Came outside to all my tires being flat along with the spare under the car

Why do I attract crazy?

Had to ride the bus to work, youngsters trying to be hard but I’m mad at their parents for not putting a stop to it all

Underpaid at my job but they keep piling on the workload, threatening to find someone who will do the same amount of work without the complaining

Government saying they’re gonna shut down, people from both wings and those in between acting like fools

Forgetting the work for you and I

I wish I could just leave it all behind but where would I go

Can’t run away from my responsibilities

Life of a beaten down man

My son’s mother talking about how I don’t do enough for her but she’s always in my pockets while she blows her check on partying

I just can’t seem to shake this funk in my life

Shackled down forever I suppose



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: