Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nobody knows it but me


I keep thinking about things I will leave behind, the smiles I won’t be able to see, the faces that bring me so much joy only fading memories now


I look at myself wasting away

Everyone wondering what’s wrong I tell them I’m fine and everything is great



I’m lying



Terminal illness only a certain timetable for people like me to live

Doctors say it will take a miracle of modern medicine to save me



I will not be afraid



The prospect of death used to frighten me

Terrified of the thought that I won’t wake up one day

But now……



I know the Lord has me



My family and friends please forgive me for not telling you of my sickness, wasn’t my intention to deceive you I was only trying to spare you the worry about me

I am fine no need to worry, is what I tell them

As I lay here dying



And nobody knows it but me


(C) 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: