Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Generations

I named you…was there when you was brought into the world


My baby boy, daddy’s pride and joy

I’m watching you grow into your own man

More independent everyday

Yet still not ashamed to admit you need help

Amazing…you figured out that doesn’t mean you’re weak while I’m still trying to coup with it

I hope you understand why I try so hard with you

Even though your mom and I aren’t together I vow to never put you through what my father did

Speaking of “Wolf” I haven’t talked to him in a while

Over these past few years a lot of things have been brought to the light

How besides the parenting aspect you and I are pretty much the same

Guess that’s why over civil conversations usually turn into a fight

I don’t hate you senior…..Just want you to realize that your junior is grown

I’m a man with a little man of my own

They say I didn’t name Khalil after us because of resentment….And I did

But for me

I can’t rightfully call you a failure since I don’t know all you had to deal with

Myself however…..I’ve been front row for the entire show

Not impressed at all

Felt like this was me giving my son a chance to not be a colossus failure like me

I’m damn near thirty…a seasoned veteran still making rookie mistakes

People tell me how far along I am but I can’t see it

I look in the mirror and see a broken man

Too smart for my own good…..never wanting to deviate from my master plan

My hope is this generational curse is broken the future must be better than the past or present



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: