Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Better Leave Well Enough Alone

Here we are once again….you and I
Me fighting myself from falling back into your lovers trap
And you trying to draw me back in ….But for what?
Every time I fall for it always ends in me landing face first on concrete
So I hide my feelings, resort to acting discreet
I’m a weak man when it comes to you
So I choose to distance myself
You strip me naked of my dignity and self wealth….bad for my mental health
I go crazy when I’m with you and feel like I’m trapped in a psyche ward when we’re apart
You continue to hurt me and my heart breaks
Promising once I rebuild it there will be no room for you, but you know how to put your hooks in me
Can’t leave you alone
Am I addicted to the pain?
Or do I like reading books where I know the ending so I won’t be surprised again?
I gotta go…must get away from Cleopatra’s spell
Loving you is heaven and hell

© 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: