Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Looking at the front door

The decisions that often make the most sense usually are the hardest ones to act on
I just can’t take it anymore
The you act when I open myself to you, how you treat me like I’ve done something wrong all the time, constant second guessing it’s too much for me
You need counseling babe and I can’t do it
I wish I could help you but you don’t want that do you?
You would rather fight with me and then ask why we can never have a good day all the way through
Onslaught of verbal bullets and after being shot so many times I have to fire back
Then the sensitive part of you kicks…..telling me I don’t know how to talk to people
When you should examine yourself
Even when I’m in the right I still apologize just so you can play the role of the victor
Yet still quarrelsome with me…why?  Could it be that you know you’re wrong but it’s easier to direct your ire at me
Well I’m done and it doesn’t hurt me to say that at all
I can no longer be your punching bag

© 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: