Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm Through

Love takes us to great highs….and devastating lows
It has the ability to make you feel like royalty, then turn around and have you playing the part of the court jester
You can be the hero and the villain
The doors of the heart are almost impossible to open, and all too easy to close
It defies all logic and overrides you sense of common things
Can put a big smile on your face and have you snapping at friends and loved ones also
Make you feel on top of the world…then stressed from the weight of it on your shoulders
Keeps you up long nights…some with passion, others with laughter and sorrow sprinkled in for good measure
I feel like the game of love is rigged when it comes to me
I am Charlie Brown
Love is Lucy constantly pulling the football when I am about to kick it
Cupid points and laughs at me
Instead of shooting arrows to help me find the one
Which I’m sure at this point no longer exist
Love….I’m through chasing after you
 
© 2011
All Rights Reserved
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: