Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Best Friend (Khalil's Poem)

These past few years have been a blast with you
I can honestly say you’ve made my life better…made me be a better man by your presence
The bond we share is rare
Especially when you look like we do, sad but true
I remember when we first met
That summers evening
It was like a story….after 9 months I finally got to see you
Amazing…….I played a part in bringing you here
From that day I knew I had someone who would see me through
It crazy to me how you’ve taken on my best traits and improved on them
You’re probably too young to remember how we would fall asleep sitting up
Me you holding you in my arms and you laying on my chest
Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes
Makes me glad that I was around for that and more
But more than anything I’m proud to have you as my son.
 
© 2011
All Rights Reserved
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: