Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Black Dirt

Oh how far we’ve come, yet still have so much more road ahead of us until we reach the finish line
Overcoming, struggling, discrimination…..are not things of the past and are far from over
Slaves, servants, not fit to even occupy your space
The funny looks walking into a nice restaurant, being followed around stores expecting for us to steal
We’re always cocky and not just sure of ourselves
If someone that looked just like you exhibited the same traits would you say the same thing?
I didn’t think so
It’s all a big game of who can be the biggest hypocrite
You quote bible scriptures and tell me how I’m an abomination on man kind
And I say you’re disgrace to everything Christ stood for
My God is a good of love
That knows no hate
You say you come in the in the name of him, burning crosses in my ancestors yards
You tell me I need Jesus but I talk to Him every day
Now who influences your actions?
 
© 2011
All Rights Reserved
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: