Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inner Me

Two sides to every story
Heads or tails will land face up once the coin is flipped
We're elated at the beginning,only to be devastated in the end
I must be honest.....should this be the last time my pen caresses the paper know.....this is where I made my stand
Anxious for what I feel is coming....finger nails digging into my palms, blood flowing from my clinched hands
The dark past cast shadows over the sun that is my future
I still stand
Vultures circling me, awaiting my carcass
I see the face of my killer and it is me....
I still stand
His weapon is sharp....reflexes super speed
I still stand
Only to watch my opponent fall face first
As long as I stand on my promise to become a better man
My past can't hurt me

(c) 2011
All Rights Reserved
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: