Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ain’t no sunshine

I thought I was over the past
Started living right, but then I think of you
The horrible things I did come flooding back and crash down the walls of my psyche
And I can no longer sleep at night
Now I’m here looking stupid
What a fool I am
The only one that was there for me is now so far away
Wasn’t paying any kind of attention when you were right in front of me
And now that you’ve moved on and given me my space you’re all I can think about
Gloomy

The shadows stretch further
Rain clouds harass me like I owe them money
Sulking about it all but I did this to myself
Looking in the mirror I am missing a huge piece of me
Let the rain mask my tears
Overcast

Wandering around looking for someone that reminds me of you
But they can’t even carry your heels
I miss you and wish I could speak with you again
To let you know that
But its better if you let you continue to live your life
Torrential downpour

© 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: