Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Safety Net

I promise you this


I will always be there for you no matter what

Even though we aren’t together like we used to be…all you have to do is reach out

I still love you though I can never open my mouth to say those words to you

Given the fact that we shame to have silently agreed to never speak of our time together again

I look into your eyes, you’re everything I want in a woman…..why do you have to be with him and not me?

It’s not fair but then again life wasn’t meant to be

I had you right in the grasp of my hands

Ready to take the leap of faith because of what we shared

Only for me to drive you back into his arms

Silly me

Foolish of myself thinking we can rekindle the flame when it has long since died

Harmless flirting now, showering you with compliments until you’re up to your eyeballs with them

Attempting to gage your reaction…hoping for a glimmer of hope that you feel the same way as I do

But you don’t and I can’t say I blame you

Just know that I am standing with you even if you can’t see me

Your silent partner in life…..my true love



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: